About the Position
Plumb Pharmaceuticals, Inc., an exciting start-up with several drug delivery patents is looking for an experienced formulation scientist to conduct activities related to formulation development under research and development settings. Our formulation scientist will be actively involved in developing formulation and manufacturing processes and transferring these methods and processes to drug product manufacturers. This position is ideal for a motivated, self-starter who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment. Become an integral member of our team and help us build a successful venture tackling a serious social problem.
- Design formulations and process for complex drug delivery systems using previously approved compounds.
- Actively participate in project management and product development strategies. Manage all technical, legal, and regulatory aspects of development projects.
- Successfully collaborate with discovery and clinical development project team to inform and update the team on the status of all active projects.
- Write and review CMC reports and documentation for regulatory filings.
- Keep current with regulatory guidelines, technical innovations, and new developments within the pharmaceutical industry.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Pharmaceutics, Physical Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, or Pharmaceutical Sciences
- At least two years relevant pharmaceutical industry experience or candidates with a Masters’ degree in a relevant field and extensive industrial experience will be also considered.
- Industrial experience in oral, parenteral, or others dosage form development, process optimization and scale-up preferred.
- Experience in innovative approaches to solving formulations challenges and formulation technologies to improve release characteristics of lipid nanoparticles, experience in advanced drug delivery systems is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of pre-formulation, formulation, biopharmaceutics principles desirable to get a drug from discovery through clinical development.
- Strong scientific expertise, demonstrated by published scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals, society participation, regulatory filings, and patents.
- Proficient in using computer to write and review technical reports and scientific judgment in data evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking, and organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced organization with diverse project teams and personnel.
- Knowledge in pharmaceutical product development, CMC regulatory requirements, project management; and capability to collaborate with colleagues.
- A thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical development process from discovery to commercialization is highly desirable
Plumb Pharmaceuticals, Inc. email@example.com